Summertime can be tons of fun for your kiddos but it can be a stressful time for a mama (in more ways than one!). We definitely need to be more vigilant about our little one’s skincare to make sure they’re getting everything they need to keep skin protected from the summer sun and all that outdoor play.
Below find some of our favorite summer skincare rituals to keep your babe’s skin and hair happy and healthy through the summer months.
• Extra moisture – We like to moisturize with Everyday Lotion or Dream Cream right when kiddos wake up to prep their skin for the day, and we find that sunscreen applies much easier to soft, hydrated skin!
• Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen – We all know how important SPF is in the summertime but we’ll never stop reminding you, Mama! Be sure to apply PLAY Mineral Sunscreen or Sunstick at least 15 minutes before sun exposure and give a good reapply every 80 minutes OR after towel drying if your little one is spending time in the water.
• Tangly summer hair – If your little one wakes up with a messy mop try spraying some of our Yummy Lemon Detangler throughout their hair, or work a little Yummy Lemon Conditioner into especially stubborn knots.
• Freshen – When your kiddos come back to the house from an outdoor adventure, give them a spritz of Baby Freshening Spray to deodorize and freshen. (tubby tip: Keep spray in the fridge for ultimate after-sun refreshment!)
• Bathtime – After your babes have played the day away be sure to give their skin a little extra rest and recuperation with a nice, warm bubble bath.
• Scrub it up, Mama – Now’s the time to remove that sunscreen! Using some Hair & Body Wash and our Muslin Washcloth or a soft loofah, gently exfoliate skin to make sure moisturizer after the bath is being applied to a nice, squeaky clean base.
• Relax – With so much fun going on, it’s easy for little ones to get overstimulated. After bathtime, give your babe or toddler a calming massage with our Baby Massage Oil to relax tired muscles and add deep hydration to skin. (tubby tip: Don’t forget little feet! Running barefoot in the yard, sun-warmed pavement or time at the beach can cause irritation to your babes soles and toes, so give them some extra love!)